2017 Annual Information Statement – Consultation summary Question 5
Should the ACNC seek a further breakdown of the areas in which charities operate?
What you said
- This provides more transparency. However, there needs to be a balance to ensure that the work involved in providing this data is not significantly more than the benefit achieved.
- This would lead to an understanding of demographics and the areas in which certain services are provided. This data, when used in conjunction with data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), will be very useful.
- For an organisation like ours, which delivers its program in over 400 locations across Victoria, this change would be quite onerous.
- Difficult for charities operating nationally.
- How does it work for charities operating online?
What we have done
- Although this information would help us provide greater education and assistance to the sector, we recognise that asking for this in the AIS could create a significant burden on charities that operate in more than one location.
- We will not seek a further breakdown of the areas in which charities operate.