Annual Information Statement 2016
Women In Prison Advocacy Network (Wipan) Inc
Section A: Charity Information
Other names charity is known by (such as trading name):
- Womens Justice Network (WJN)
- Women's Justice Network (WJN)
Basic Religious Charity:
Section B: Activities
Did the charity operate in the 2016 reporting period?
- Advocacy and civic activities
- Culture and arts
- Economic, social and community development
- Emergency and relief
- Employment and training
- Grant-making activities
- Housing activities
- Income support and maintenance
- Law and legal services
- Mental health and crisis intervention
- Other recreation
- Mentoring of women and female youth affected by the criminal justice system and social inclusion.
Estimated percentage of charity's grant funding that was:
- For capacity building of the grant recipients: 10%
- Granted through a public or open application process, or similar: 90%
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
By making significant changes to our cohort to lead productive and community contributing lives for themselves & their children.
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2017 period?
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2016 reporting period:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
Who was helped most by the charity's activities in the reporting period:
- Youth - aged 15 to under 25
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Financially disadvantaged people
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People with disabilities
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- Unemployed persons
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
Did the charity provide funded support and/or services to participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in the 2016 reporting period?
I don't know
Does the charity intend to provide funded support and/or services to participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in the next reporting period?
I don't know
Section C: Human Resources
- Full time employees: 2
- Part time employees: 2
- Estimated number of volunteers: 78
Section D: Finance
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Did your charity have any related party transactions?
Does your charity have documented policies or processes about related party transactions?
Charity's 2016 reporting period:
1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
2016 Financial report:
Note: If you want to see the financial report or annual report that this charity has submitted, go back to Financials & Documents.
State or territory of the regulator where financial report was submitted:
New South Wales
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from government including grants:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: