Annual Information Statement 2017
Bernie Banton Foundation
Section A: Charity Information
Basic Religious Charity:
Section B: Activities
Did the charity operate in the 2017 reporting period?
Advocacy and civic activities
- Peer-based support to asbestos disease sufferers and their loved ones.
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
- We provided 24/7 Freecall® telephone and online support across Australia, together with localised face-to-face support within NSW to asbestos related disease (ARD) sufferers, their carers and loved ones, as well as bereaved carers.- We provided Freecall® telephone and internet enquiry services across Australia, to those in the community with concerns regarding asbestos-containing-material issues within the built environment.- We provided education on 'Asbestos - know the dangers, manage the risk' to the general public via information forums and via asbestos awareness information available on the Bernie Banton Foundation website.- We advocated on behalf of ARD sufferers and their families, as well as ARD researchers, allied health workers and educators.- We promoted research within Australia into asbestos related diseases, including lobbying as regards funding for this purpose.- We worked with other asbestos related disease support organisations.
General community in Australia
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- Tradespeople and DIY renovators, with awareness information in an effort to avoid current and future asbestos exposure.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2017 reporting period:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2018 period?
Section C: Human Resources
- Full time employees: 2
- Part time employees: 0
- Casual employees: 0
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 2
- Estimated number of volunteers: 10
Section D: Finance
Charity's 2017 reporting period:
1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
Type of financial statement:
Special purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities:
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
State or territory of the regulator where financial report was submitted:
Section E: Annual report
Section F: Reporting to state or territory regulators
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Select the state/territory where the charity intends to fundraise in the 2018 reporting period:
- NSW fundraising number: 21274
- QLD fundraising number: 2571
- TAS fundraising number: 10365
- VIC fundraising number: 13025