Annual Information Statement 2018
Hear And Say - Centre For Deaf Children Limited
About the charity
Other names charity is known by (such as trading name):
- Hear and Say WorldWide
- Hear and Say Centre
- Hear and Say
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Select the state/territory where the charity intends to fundraise in the 2018 reporting period:
- NSW fundraising number: 18353
- QLD fundraising number: CH1190
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2018 reporting period?
Other health service delivery
- Teaching and supporting children and adults with hearing loss to learn to hear, listen and speak, a whole of life approach to audiology to provide the best access to sound that includes cochlear implants and hearing aids, work intensively with individuals and their families to achieve the best speaking outcomes via our early intervention program, parent education to assist parents and cares in their role as a prime educator of their child with hearing loss, social skills, resilience and wellbeing programs and specialist assistance for families whose children have Microtia and Atresia, telepractice program to ensure rural and remote families as well as those who may have difficulty travelling can access our services, ‘Hear to Learn’ school screening program, Worldwide professional training programs with courses to enhance the skills of clinicians and educators working in the field of hearing loss, Research working with key contributors in the sphere of hearing loss.
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
The primary objective of Hear and Say is to open worlds to create better futures by optimising our unique approach to research, service delivery and transformative technology to ensure the best outcomes for people with hearing loss and beyond. Hear and Say has proved that deaf children and people with hearing loss can learn to listen, hear and speak through a combination of early diagnosis, advances in hearing technology and world leading listening and spoken language therapies, which teaches parents to teach their children to listen and speak. The outcomes for these children is for their language and literacy to be at the same level as their hearing peers, giving these children the best opportunity in their family, community, educational settings and future. Our Strategic priorities are: Excellence in clinical practice and research, sustainability- build on existing programs, address current resourcing needs and identify and develop new programs. Advocacy- the development, marketing and delivery of professional training programs and influencing public policy and awareness. In each of the past six years, 100% of children in Hear and Say Early Intervention Program graduated to full inclusion in mainstream educational setting. The most recent parent survey showed the vast majority of parents were ‘very satisfied’ with Hear and Say’s overall service.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2018 reporting period:
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2019 period?
Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Youth - aged 15 to under 25
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- People with disabilities
- Full time employees: 36
- Part time employees: 30
- Casual employees: 7
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 54
- Estimated number of volunteers: 44
Charity's 2018 reporting period:
1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
Type of financial statement:
Special purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Non-current loans receivable:
Other non-current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Non-current loans payable:
Other non-current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: