Annual Information Statement 2019
Catholic Professional Standards Limited
About the charity
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2019 reporting period?
Civic and advocacy activities
- Other education
- Implementation of year two of the CPSL Strategic Plan 2018-2021, launch of the CPSL three-year Learning and Development Strategy, training and advice provided to Catholic leaders and organisations to improve safeguarding and child protection, publication of the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards Ed 1 (NCSS), commencement of audits assessing Catholic organisations' compliance with the NCSS, publication of completed audit reports, and consultations with governing bodies in the ongoing work of child abuse prevention in institutions and the broader community.
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
CPSL has developed and published the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards, delivered training and facilitated audits to build capacity and improve safeguarding practices across the Catholic Church in Australia.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2019 reporting period:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2020 period?
CPSL will soon extend the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards to include safeguarding practices relating to vulnerable adults (CALD, ATSI, people with disabilities, mental illness, experiencing grief & loss etc). The training and auditing functions of the organisation will also extend to encompass vulnerable adults once the amended Standards are adopted.
General community in Australia
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with the Catholic Church in Australia.
- Full time employees: 6
- Part time employees: 8
- Casual employees: 2
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 7.75
- Estimated number of volunteers: 0
Charity's 2019 reporting period:
1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Non-current loans receivable:
Other non-current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Non-current loans payable:
Other non-current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: