Annual Information Statement 2018
Catholic Professional Standards Limited
About the charity
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2018 reporting period?
Civic and advocacy activities
- Establishment of the CPSL Strategic Plan 2018-2021, development of the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards, consultation including with survivors and government, development and testing of the audit framework and articulation of a 3 year learning and development strategy to increase knowledge and skills in child abuse prevention.
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
CPSL has set the foundations for the implementation of the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards and the auditing of Catholic entities against the standards for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2018 reporting period:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2019 period?
CPSL will roll out the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards, deliver training, conduct audits of Church entities and publicly report results of audits. CPSL will also liaise with federal and state governments in the ongoing work of child abuse prevention in institutions and the broader community.
General community in Australia
- Children and vulnerable people (CALD, ATSI, people with disabilities, mental illness, experiencing grief & loss, families going through separation & divorce, etc) who come into contact with the Catholic Church in Australia.
- Full time employees: 3
- Part time employees: 8
- Casual employees: 0
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 3.74
- Estimated number of volunteers: 1
Charity's 2018 reporting period:
1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Non-current loans receivable:
Other non-current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Non-current loans payable:
Other non-current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: