Annual Information Statement 2017

Legal Name
Upper Hunter Homeless Specialist and Outreach Service Limited

Section A: Charity Information

Other names charity is known by (such as trading name)
Upper Hunter Homelesss Support
Charity size
Basic Religious Charity

Section B: Activities

Did the charity operate in the 2017 reporting period?
Main activity
Housing activities
Main activities
Emergency and relief
Description of charity's activities and outcomes
UHHS works with young people, men, women and families at imminent risk of, or experiencing, homelessness in either crisis or chronic circumstances. The Staying Home outreach service is delivered to 61% of clients living in communities throughout the service region, with the remaining 39% of clients supported through the Going Home combined emergency/transition accommodation and casework service. Operating primarily as an outreach service from three locations across the service region, UHHS provides a local combined intake/assessment response. This determines client needs and the level of intervention required such that clients are immediately supported to maintain stable housing in current accommodation; find and maintain alternate stable and long term housing; or be provided with emergency or transitional accommodation in UHHS facilities as an interim step toward longer term housing stability.
Main beneficiary
People at risk of homelessness/people experiencing homelessness
Other beneficiaries
General community within Australia
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2017 reporting period
New South Wales
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2018 period?

Section C: Human Resources

Human resources
  • Full time employees: 5
  • Part time employees: 5
  • Casual employees: 0
  • Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 9
  • Estimated number of volunteers: 0

Section D: Finance

Charity's 2017 reporting period
1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
Type of financial statement
General purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Did your charity have any related party transactions?
Does your charity have documented policies or processes about related party transactions?

Comprehensive Income Statement summary

Gross Income
Donations and bequests
Revenue from providing goods or services
Revenue from government including grants
Revenue from investments
All other revenue
Total revenue
Other income (for example, gains)
Total gross income
Employee expenses
Interest expenses
Grants and donations made for use in Australia
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia
All other expenses
Total expenses
Net surplus/(deficit)
Other comprehensive income
Total comprehensive income

Balance Sheet extract

Total current assets
Non-current loans receivable
Other non-current assets
Total non-current assets
Total assets
Total current liabilities
Non-current loans payable
Other non-current liabilities
Total non-current liabilities
Total liabilities
Net assets/liabilities
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
State or territory of the regulator where financial report was submitted
New South Wales

Section E: Annual report

Note: If you want to see the financial report or annual report that this charity has submitted, go back to Financials & Documents.

Section F: Reporting to state or territory regulators

Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?