Annual Information Statement 2019
Welfare Rights Centre Ltd
About the charity
Other names charity is known by (such as trading name):
Welfare Rights Centre (NSW)
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Select the state/territory where the charity intends to fundraise in the 2019 reporting period:
NSW fundraising number: CFN/25389
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2019 reporting period?
Law and legal services
- Advocacy and civic activities
- Community Legal Centre provides free legal advice on social security law and its administration by Centrelink.
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
We provide advice and assistance to members of the NSW community who are unable to access social security payments or where Centrelink has made a decision about their payment that they do not agree with. We provide community legal education to community organisations in order to assist them to understand how issues with Centrelink payments can be negatively affected by other social issues and how they can assist and refer their clients.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2019 reporting period:
New South Wales
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2020 period?
Financially disadvantaged people
- General community within Australia
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People with disabilities
- Unemployed persons
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Victims of disaster
- Full time employees: 4
- Part time employees: 3
- Casual employees: 0
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 6.41
- Estimated number of volunteers: 50
Charity's 2019 reporting period:
1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: