Annual Information Statement 2018
Brotherhood Of St Laurence
About the charity
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Select the state/territory where the charity intends to fundraise in the 2018 reporting period:
VIC fundraising number: 1069915
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2018 reporting period?
Economic, social and community development
- Other education
- Aged care activities
- Social services
- Housing activities
- Employment and training
- Advocacy and civic activities
- NDIA Local Area Coordination & Early Childhood Early Intervention services, Early years programs, financial inclusion programs and refugees programs.
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
The Brotherhood of St Laurence's work focuses on those who are at the greatest risk at pivotal life stages considered to be critical to future wellbeing: the early years, the transition to school to work, along with the development and delivery of innovative an high quality services, practices and policies we aim to drive change that benefits all Australians and creates an Australian free of poverty.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2018 reporting period:
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2019 period?
General community in Australia
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Youth - aged 15 to under 25
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- Financially disadvantaged people
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People with disabilities
- Unemployed persons
- Full time employees: 620
- Part time employees: 312
- Casual employees: 238
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 835
- Estimated number of volunteers: 1143
Charity's 2018 reporting period:
1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Did your charity have any related party transactions?
Does your charity have documented policies or processes about related party transactions?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Non-current loans receivable:
Other non-current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Non-current loans payable:
Other non-current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: