Annual Information Statement 2019
Samaritans Foundation_ACNC GROUP
About the charity
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2019 reporting period?
- Mental health and crisis intervention
- Emergency and relief
- Economic, social and community development
- Housing activities
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
We work together across the regions of Newcastle, the Hunter, Central Coast, Mid-North Coast and Central Western regions of NSW. Over 100 services support children, youth, people with a disability or with mental health concerns, parents, families and those who are homeless throughout these communities. Samaritans encourages people to have a voice and be offered choice as we recognise all people are valued members of their community. Samaritans also engages in advocacy to promote justice, reconciliation, peace and dignity for all in our community, no matter what their circumstance.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2019 reporting period:
New South Wales
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2020 period?
General community in Australia
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Youth - aged 15 to under 25
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- Financially disadvantaged people
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- People with disabilities
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- Unemployed persons
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Victims of disaster
- Full time employees: 225
- Part time employees: 370
- Casual employees: 246
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 584.62
- Estimated number of volunteers: 695
Charity's 2019 reporting period:
1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements - reduced disclosure regime
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Did your charity have any related party transactions?
Does your charity have documented policies or processes about related party transactions?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Non-current loans receivable:
Other non-current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Non-current loans payable:
Other non-current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: