Annual Information Statement 2013
Bernie Banton Foundation
Section A: Charity Information
Charity has a financial year ending 30 June:
Financial year ends:
Purposes of charity:
- The advancement of education
- Other: - Facilitate community awareness and education regarding asbestos and its dangers.- To support asbestos related disease (ARD) sufferers and their families.
Basic Religious Charity:
Charity is part of an approved ACNC reporting group:
Section B: Activities
Activities in the 2013 reporting period:
- Civic and advocacy activities
- Asbestos awareness, advocacy and support.
Description of charity’s activities and outcomes:
- We provided face-to-face, telephone and/or online support to asbestos related disease (ARD) sufferers and their carers across Australia.- We addressed public forums, raising awareness regarding the dangers of asbestos.- We advocated on behalf of ARD sufferers and their families, as well as ARD researchers, allied health workers and educators.
Changing or introducing activities in the next reporting period:
Beneficiaries helped by charity’s activities in the 2013 reporting period:
- General community within Australia
- Mental health and crisis intervention
- People with Chronic or terminal illness
- Young people
- - Tradespeople and DIY renovators, with awareness information in an effort to avoid current and future asbestos exposure.
Section C: Resources and operating locations
Estimated number of unpaid volunteers who worked for the charity during the 2013 reporting period:
- Full time employees: 0
- Part time employees: 0
- Volunteers: 7
Where the charity operated during the 2013 reporting period:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- South Australia
Section D: Reporting and regulatory obligations (This section is optional)
State or territory charity had non-corporate reporting obligations to:
New South Wales
Approximate hours spent reporting by unpaid volunteers:
Total hours spent reporting:
Section E: Financial information provided voluntarily
2013 Financial report:
Note: If you want to see the financial report or annual report that this charity has submitted, go back to Financials & Documents.