Annual Information Statement 2018
Lowy Institute For International Policy
About the charity
Is the charity an incorporated association?
Does the charity intend to fundraise in the next reporting period?
Select the state/territory where the charity intends to fundraise in the 2018 reporting period:
NSW fundraising number: 21106
Basic Religious Charity:
Activities and Beneficiaries
Did the charity operate in the 2018 reporting period?
Description of charity's activities and outcomes:
1. To facilitate the advancement of Australia internationally by the generation and promulgation of informed and creative ideas, research and opinion on economic and foreign policy issues, international affairs and matters of national importance; 2. To facilitate and promote a world class forum for the informed discussion and debate of economic and foreign policy issues, international affairs and matters of national importance as regards Australia; 3. To produce, publish, promote and disseminate, distinctive and creative research and discussion papers on economic and foreign policy issues, international affairs and matters of national importance as regards Australia; 4. To undertake and disseminate applied research aimed at improving the formation of policy that affects Australia's national and international interests. 5. To produce, publish, promote and disseminate economic and foreign policy options regarding international relations and Australia's economic and foreign policy; and 6. To facilitate and hold seminars, lectures and conferences on issues of economic and foreign policy, international affairs and matters of national importance as regards Australia.
Where the charity conducted activities during the 2018 reporting period:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Overseas / outside of Australia
- Other Countries
- Hong Kong
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Will the charity change or introduce any activities in the 2019 period?
General community in Australia
- Full time employees: 36
- Part time employees: 8
- Casual employees: 9
- Full-time equivalent staff (FTE): 33.35
- Estimated number of volunteers: 22
Charity's 2018 reporting period:
1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
Type of financial statement:
General purpose financial statements - reduced disclosure regime
Financial report consolidated with more than one entity?
Did your charity have any related party transactions?
Does your charity have documented policies or processes about related party transactions?
Financial report submitted to a state/territory regulator?
Income and Expenses
Comprehensive Income Statement summary
Donations and bequests:
Revenue from providing goods or services:
Revenue from government including grants:
Revenue from investments:
All other revenue:
Other income (for example, gains):
Total gross income:
Grants and donations made for use in Australia:
Grants and donations made for use outside Australia:
All other expenses:
Other comprehensive income:
Total comprehensive income:
Balance Sheet extract
Total current assets:
Non-current loans receivable:
Other non-current assets:
Total non-current assets:
Total current liabilities:
Non-current loans payable:
Other non-current liabilities:
Total non-current liabilities: