The checklist covers everything you will need to consider, do and have ready to complete the 2016 Annual Information Statement.
Before you start
Form 4A Request a substituted accounting period to request to use a different reporting period.Confirm which period you are reporting on. If your reporting period is not the standard 1 July to 30 June financial year, fill out
Confirm your charity’s size – small, medium or large
The ACNC has three different charity size categories based on revenue for the reporting period. Your Annual Information Statement questions and other obligations vary depending on your charity’s size.
- Small charities: annual revenue is less than $250 000
- Medium charities: annual revenue is $250 000 or more but less than $1 million
- Large charities: annual revenue is $1 million or more.
Make sure you are the right person to sign and submit the Annual Information Statement
Apply to report as a group, if your charity is part of a group of registered charities and you would like to report together
Report using bulk lodgement if you wish to lodge Annual Information Statements for more than 10 charities on a single form
Ask the ACNC for charity information to be withheld (in limited circumstances)
Information to have on hand
Get the information below ready to help you log in and answer the questions
- Your Charity Portal username and password. If needed, reset your password through the ACNC Charity Portal.
- 2016 Annual Information Statement Guide. This will help you answer every question in the Annual Information Statement.
- Annual report and project reports. These will help you answer questions about your charities activities, beneficiaries, employees and volunteers. There are opportunities to cut and paste from these documents into the Annual Information Statement. Alternatively, if these documents are online, you can link to them.
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) payment summaries. This will help you when you are answering the question about employees.
- Funder/donor/grant acquittal reports. This will help you answer questions about your charities activities and beneficiaries.
Balance sheet or statement of financial position, and statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income for the reporting period.
Medium and large charities with no transitional reporting arrangements must submit financial statements for the reporting period, including:
- statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income
- statement of financial position
- statement of changes in equity
- statement of cash flows
- notes to the financial statements
- responsible persons’ declaration about the statements and notes (responsible entities’ declaration) – signed and dated. Download a responsible persons’ declaration template at the ACNC's Templates Page.
- reviewer’s report/auditor’s report – signed and dated. Download a reviewers’ report/auditor’s report template at the ACNC's Templates Page.
Ready to go?
Log in to the ACNC Charity Portal and complete your Annual Information Statement. And don’t forget to press ‘submit’ when you have finished!