You can view many of your charity's details in the 'View charity details' section of the Charity Portal.
This page is accessible from both the 'Manage reporting' and 'Manage charity people' pages on your charity's main portal page (see the icons below).
The 'View charity details' page provides a useful overview of your charity's details, but it isn't where you make changes to many of the details. There are a few minor things that you can edit on this page, but most changes to your charity's details require a specific online form found elsewhere on the Portal:
Here we provide an overview of the details that can and can’t be changed on the 'View charity details' page in the Charity Portal.
Information that can be edited
Charities can edit the following fields on the 'View charity details' page:
- Charity address - click in the charity address field and fill in the details in the drop down window that appears.
- Charity email - click in the space below the 'charity email' heading and enter an email address.
Please note that these two fields are not your charity's Address For Service (the primary address to which the ACNC will send a charity all correspondence). The Address For Service is a different field and changing the Address For Service is a more formal one that needs to be done via the online form found in the 'Manage other charity details' section of the Portal.
- Website - click in the space below 'website' and enter your charity's website address. If your charity doesn't have a website, you can provide a link to your charity's social media accounts instead (for example, a Facebook page).
You can remove your charity's Responsible Persons, or change the position that a Responsible Person currently holds within the charity.
- To remove a Responsible Person: click on the name under the 'Contacts' heading. In the pop-up window that appears, enter an end date for that person's term as a Responsible Person. Click 'Submit' in the pop-up window to save the change. This ends their time as a Responsible Person for your charity.
- To change the position of a Responsible Person: click on the name under the 'Contacts' heading. In the pop-up window that appears, select a new position for the Responsible Person. Again, click 'Submit' in the pop-up window to save the change.
Information that cannot be edited
The majority of information that appears on the 'Detailed charity information' page cannot be edited in this page. requires a specific online form, or cannot be edited through this page. This includes:
- Legal Name - this can be changed via the 'Change legal name or governing document' form in in 'Manage other charity details'.
- Charity Status
- Address for service - this can be changed via the 'Change Address For Service' form in 'Manage other charity details'.
- Address for service email - this can be changed via the 'Change Address For Service' form in 'Manage other charity details'.
- Primary contact - this can be changed via the 'Change Primary Contact' form in 'Manage people'.
- Parent account
- Date of registration decision
- Date of establishment
- Effective date of registration
- Entity type
- Subtype - this can be changed via the 'Change Subtype' form in 'Manage other charity details'.
- Charity size
- Year of most recent Annual Information Statement
- Financial year end - this can be changed via the 'Request Substituted Accounting Period' form in 'Manage reporting'.
Operating locations and activities
- Charity activities
- List of information that is withheld from the Charity Register - this is a list of the requests that have been approved. You can request that information be withheld from the Charity Register via the online form in 'Manage other charity details'.