The ACNC Register is a publicly available register. Some information you submit to ORIC is shared and displayed on the ACNC Register. ORIC shares information with the ACNC each month.
Information ORIC shares with the ACNC
For corporations also registered as a charity, ORIC shares the corporation’s:
- legal name*
- main place of business address*
- phone number*
- email address*
- preferred method of contact
- date of registration under the CATSI Act
- financial year end*
- directors’ names*
* If your corporation decides to directly provide this information to the ACNC through the Annual Information Statement or the Charity Portal, it will be replaced by the information shared by ORIC each month.
If your information with ORIC is kept up to date, the information on the ACNC Register will also be up to date.
New information to add to the ACNC Register
As a registered charity, you can log in to the ACNC Charity Portal and change the following information, which ORIC does not ask for and will not be transferred:
- other names your corporation is known by
- corporation’s website
- where your corporation operates (states, territories and other countries)
- your charity subtype (when available in the portal).
Updating charity beneficiaries and charity size on the ACNC Register
Charity beneficiaries and size can be updated by contacting us (email preferred). If you choose to submit an Annual Information Statement, information about your beneficiaries and charity size will be updated from this.
ACNC Address for Service
The ACNC address for service is the address we use to contact your corporation and send all important information. The address for service also appears on the ACNC Register. The ACNC prefers to use your corporation’s email address as your ACNC address for service but if your corporation does not have one, we will use the main place of business address.
Withholding information from the ACNC Register
You can ask ORIC to change or withhold certain information on the public Register of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporations. If ORIC agrees to your request, that information will not be shared with the ACNC. If you provide information for the ACNC Register—that is, information not required or collected by ORIC—you can ask the ACNC to withhold this.