Fundraising generally refers to activities such as soliciting public donations (either in person or online), holding public events with admission fees, holding fundraising events, raffles and other games, corporate partnerships, and crowdfunding.
The ACNC does not regulate fundraising – it is regulated at a state and territory level. Because of this, the specific definition of fundraising can vary between states and territories.
A charity’s Responsible People are, collectively, responsible for the way their charity conducts its fundraising. The ACNC sees the oversight of fundraising activities as a vital aspect of good charity governance.
- A guide to the Australian Consumer Law: for fundraising and other activities of charities, not-for-profits and fundraisers
- Our Community: Funding Centre
- Not-for-profit Law: Fundraising and holding events
- Fundraising Institute of Australia
- Philanthropy Australia
- Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies
- Australian Institute of Company Directors