Overview

Charity details

ABN
Address
16 Malwa Street
Glandore SA 5037
Australia
Address For Service email
Phone
Charity Size
Small
Who the charity helps
People in rural/regional/remote communities
Adults - aged 65 and over
Adults - aged 25 to under 65
People with disabilities
Early childhood - aged under 6
People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
Families
Children - aged 6 to under 15
Youth - 15 to under 25
Date established
2015
Last reported
30 January 2018
Next report due
31 March 2019
Financial Year End
30/06

Summary of activities

2017 saw Huntingtons SA & NT Inc put into action the Associations strategic plan. Paramount to this was moving into the Associations first premises in March 2017. A premises within the confines of a community centre allowing shared activities with the centre & enabling wider community involvement with the HD community. Activities to date have included a garden plot within the community garden, community carols in the park.The Association has been able to set up and hold on a weekly basis a drop in afternoon (HD Coffee & Co.) which has given the HD community a socially interactive afternoon where they have been able to comfortably interact with others in a similar situation. This has been extremely successful and important for a socially isolated group of people within the community. With a home base established, support & services are being expanded with three new programs commencing in late February 2018. This will allow the Association to connect with the whole HD Community state-wide. Until now this has been achieved by newsletters and phone/email contact. Awareness, education and Advocacy are ongoing processes and can now be held both within the premises and externally. Notwithstanding the relative infancy of a new association and following research within the HD Community the challenges the Association has been faced with arethe changing disability and health sectors in SA and funding.Within the HD community there is a large component of people who do not and may not for many years be eligible to access the NDIS. This leaves the Association the challenge of supplying supports and services to both areas without the reliance of income from NDIS sources. Currently 25% of the HD Community fall within NDIS guidelines leaving a further 75% unable to access these services at this time. Fundraising & donations make up the Associations main source of income. A very committed and dedicated HD Community, volunteer team and extremely successful awareness talks have allowed the Association to set up and continue moving forward. Grant submissions are an ongoing process. Huntingtons SA & NT Inc is committed in moving forward giving the HD Community the Hope, Dignity & Awareness that is so desperately needed.

Where the charity operates

States
SA
NT

Financials & Documents

Annual reporting

Title Due Date Date received Download
Financial Report 2018 31 March 2019 Not yet submitted
Annual Information Statement 2018 31 March 2019 Not yet submitted
Annual Information Statement 2017 31 January 2018 30 January 2018
Financial Report 2017 No due date 30 January 2018
Annual Information Statement 2016 31 January 2017 17 January 2017
Financial Report 2016 No due date Not required
Financial Report 2015 No due date Not required
Annual Information Statement 2015 No due date Not required
Financial Report 2014 No due date Not required
Annual Information Statement 2014 No due date Not required
Financial Report 2013 No due date Not required
Annual Information Statement 2013 No due date Not required

Documents

Title Date Reporting Year Download
Annual Report 30 January 2018 2017 Download
Governing Document 15 March 2016 Download

History

The charity's subtype history

Purpose Start Date End Date
Advancing social or public welfare 19 February 2015 10 February 2015
Advancing health 19 February 2015
Institution whose principal activity is to promote the prevention or control of diseases in human beings (Health Promotion Charity)(HPC) 19 February 2015
Advancing education 19 February 2015

Registration status history

Effective Date Status
19 February 2015 Registered

Enforcement action history

There have been no enforcements for this charity.