What the ACNC can provide information about
We can answer questions about dealing with us, such as:
- what is a charity and which organisations are eligible to register with us
- how to register a charity
- how to fill out the charity registration form
- the ongoing obligations of registered charities
- our role and the general role of other regulators
- how to raise a concern about a charity.
What the ACNC can't provide information about
We can't provide information about:
- what type of legal structure your organisation should have
- tax obligations and concessions
- your organisation's obligations to other state, territory or Commonwealth agencies or regulators (for example, about legal structure, fundraising or charitable gaming).
Our Advice Services and Registration teams can provide information to assist you and your organisation to register as a charity and carry out its obligations. We cannot provide legal or other professional advice, such as advising on the best legal structure for your charity.