When is the Annual Information Statement due?
The Annual Information Statement (AIS) is due at different times for different charities, depending on a charity's reporting period.
A charity's AIS and financial report (if required) are due six months after the end of the charity’s reporting period.
The two most common reporting deadlines are:
- 31 December for charities reporting to a regular financial year (1 July to 30 June)
- 30 June for charities using a calendar year reporting period (1 January to 31 December).
The table below can be used as guide to determine when your Annual Information Statement and financial reports (if required) are due.
Due date to submit 2018 AIS
1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
31 January 20191
1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018
31 January 2019
1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018
28 February 2019
1 October 2017 to 30 September 2018
31 March 2019
1 November 2017 to 31 October 2018
30 April 2019
1 December 2017 to 30 November 2018
31 May 2019
1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018
30 June 2019
1 February 2018 to 31 January 2019
|30 July 2019|
|1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019|
31 August 2019
1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019
30 September 2019
31 October 2019
1 June 2018 to 31 May 2019
30 November 2019
1 For charities that report on a regular 1 July to 30 June financial year, the Commissioner extended the deadline to submit the 2018 AIS to 7 April 2019.
You can also check the due date for your charity’s Annual Information Statement on the ACNC Charity Register.
Different reporting period
The standard ACNC reporting period is the financial year, 1 July to 30 June. If your charity uses a different reporting period, you need to request to use this reporting period for your Annual Information Statement.
You only need to tell us once about your different reporting period. This will help the ACNC know when your reporting obligations are due, and help us to send you reminders at the right time.
ACNC Charity Portal to request a reporting period other than the regular financial year (1 July to 30 June). Do not change your reporting period to avoid penalties for late reporting. We have other ways to support you if you are late. Contact us to talk through your options.Visit the
Newly registered charity
If the date that the ACNC made the decision to register your charity is within three months of the end of your charity’s reporting period, you have two options for submitting an Annual Information Statement. You can either:
- submit an Annual Information Statement that reports on the 3 months or less left in your charity’s current reporting period, or
- wait until the next reporting period and submit an Annual Information Statement that reports on the 12-15 months that your charity has been registered.
For example, if the end of your charity’s reporting period is 30 June 2018, and the date on which the ACNC decided to register your charity is 5 April 2018, then you can either:
- submit an Annual Information Statement that reports on the period 5 April 2018 – 30 June 2018 (2 months and 26 days), or
- submit an Annual Information Statement that reports on the period 5 April 2018 – 30 June 2019 (14 months and 26 days)
If you choose to report for 3 months or less:
- the financial information in the Annual Information Statement and the financial report (if required) you provide can be for the full year or for the period you have been operating;
- your charity will be able to report for a standard reporting period (12 months from 1 July) in the following year.