When you log in to the Charity Portal, you should see each charity for which you are a Responsible Person or an Authorised Person listed under the 'My charities' heading.
If you cannot see your charity listed there, please follow these instructions.
Ensure you have a Charity Portal account in your own name
Firstly, check that your Charity Portal account has been created under your own name and email address.
To check this, sign in to the Charity Portal and check the name that appears in the top right corner. If you click on the name, you can also check the email address linked to the account.
Each Charity Portal account is linked to a specific person’s name and email, not to the charity as a whole. You cannot use the same account as someone else, or change the name on the account to your own.
If the account is showing someone else’s name, sign out and follow our instructions for signing up to the Charity Portal to create a new account with your own name and email address.
Link your Charity Portal account to your charity
Once you have a Charity Portal account listed under your own name and email address, check if your charity is listed under the 'My charities' heading when you sign in.
If you cannot see your charity, there are two ways you can link your account to your charity:
- In the Charity Portal: another Responsible Person or Authorised Person can link your account to your charity from their Charity Portal account.
- By email: you can send an email from the charity’s Address For Service email requesting your account be linked to your charity.
Please click on the headings below to see the steps to have your account linked to your charity.
To add a Responsible Person (a board or committee member, or trustee) to your charity, you must complete the 'Add Responsible Person' form by following the instructions below, or add the new Responsible Person in your charity's next Annual Information Statement.
If another Responsible Person or Authorised Person can see the charity listed under the 'My charities' heading in their own account, they can follow these steps to link your Charity Portal account to your charity:
- The person who can see the charity listed in their own Charity Portal account needs to log in, then click on the charity name under the 'My charities' heading.
- Then, they should click on the 'Manage people' icon.
- On the 'Manage people' page, click on 'Add Responsible Person' (for a board or committee member, or trustee) or 'Add Authorised Person' (for CEO, accountant, lawyer, etc.).
- They need to complete the form to add you (the person who cannot see the charity in their own Charity Portal account) as a Responsible Person or Authorised Person. Please ensure that the email address they provide for you in the form is the same email address that you have used to create your own Charity Portal account.
Once you have been added by someone else at the charity, you can sign in to your own Charity Portal account and your charity should now be listed under the ‘My charities’ heading.
If no one else at the charity has access to the Charity Portal, please follow the instructions below instead.
You should only send us an email to link your account if you are not able to have another Responsible Person or Authorised Person add you.
Please send an email from your charity’s Address For Service email to email@example.com.
The email must come from the Address For Service for us to be able to link your account to the charity.
To check your charity’s Address For Service email, please find your charity on the Charity Register. The Address For Service email will be listed on the profile page.
In the email, you need to include:
- your full name
- your personal email address (the email you used to create your own Charity Portal account)
- the charity name
- the charity ABN.
Once we receive the email from the Address For Service, we will be able to link your Charity Portal account to your charity.
Once this occurs, you will see your charity listed under the 'My charities' heading when you next sign in, and you will have full access to update your charity's details and complete the Annual Information Statement.