ACNC Commissioner the Hon Dr Gary Johns issues a statement on the Commission's 7th anniversary:
Today marks the seventh anniversary of the ACNC.
Since 3 December 2012 the ACNC has:
- answered over 240,000 telephone enquiries
- registered approximately 19,000 charities
- created a website that has been viewed more than 38 million times
- processed more than 8,000 concerns
- reduced red tape for thousands of charities through our work with state and territory governments.
Charities make an important contribution to our community.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their support over the years, including our hardworking ACNC staff, and look forward to celebrating many more milestones in the years to come.