National peak bodies in the charity sector have developed a model policy and procedure to improve the way charities handle complaints.
These bodies include:
- Australia Council for International Development
- Community Council of Australia
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Fundraising Institute Australia
- Justice Connect
- National Roundtable of Nonprofit Organisations
- Our Community
- Philanthropy Australia
- Public Fundraising Regulatory Authority
- Volunteering Australia.
The work on this model policy was convened by Dr Sue-Anne Wallace AM. The model policy ensures complaints are handled confidentially and safely, enhancing community trust and confidence in the work of charities.
Download the complaints handling model policy and procedure.