Skip to main content

There are tax concessions available to charities from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and from relevant state and territory governments. Charities must be registered with the ACNC to apply for charity tax concessions from the ATO.

They may not need to be registered with us to access state and territory or local government tax concessions.

The ACNC registers organisations as charities and the ATO is responsible for administering tax law, including deciding a charity's eligibility for tax concessions.

When new charities register with the ACNC, we pass their applications for charity tax concessions onto the ATO.

See our guidance about charity tax concessions.