Information contained under the 'Overview' tab of the Charity Register can include:
Also known as
- This shows the other names a charity is publicly known by.
Australian Business Number (ABN)
- The ACNC uses a charity’s ABN as an identifying detail. Refer to ABN Lookup for information about a listed charity, including any tax concessions it receives and whether it has deductible gift recipient (DGR) status.
- This can include the charity's address, its email, its ‘Address For Service email (through which the ACNC will contact the charity), the charity's website and its phone number.
- The register will display if a charity is small, medium or large (based on its annual revenue).
Who the charity helps
- This part of the page lists a charity's beneficiaries, drawn from responses the charity provided to its most recent Annual Information Statement.
- The overview tab lists a charity's establishment date, as well as its financial year end (the last date of a charity’s annual reporting period with the ACNC), when it last reported to the ACNC, and when its next round of reporting is due.
Summary of activities
- This section is where a charity provides a brief rundown of the work that it does and is drawn from information provided in the charity's most recent Annual Information statement. This summary can contain a general overview of its overall activities, details of the work it has undertaken in the past 12 months, or a mix of both.
Where the charity operates
- This is a list of the locations - both within Australia, and overseas (if applicable) - where the charity operates.
Basic Religious Charity status
- Whether the charity is a Basic Religious Charity. If it is, it will be exempt from some obligations set out in the ACNC Act.
- Charts of a charity's income and expenses also appear under the Overview tab of its Register page. These graphs are based on information supplied in the charity's most recent Annual Information Statement.
- The graphs are a different way of looking at financial information that has long been available on the Charity Register. For more on the financial information featured on the register, refer to the section below or our Understanding financial information on the Charity Register page.