Understanding charities and supporting them to become familiar with and meet their obligations to the ACNC in an accessible way is fundamental to the way the ACNC operates. We aim to demonstrate best practice in our stakeholder engagement as well as innovation in the way we communicate with and seek feedback from charities.
This framework sets out:
- our reasons for stakeholder engagement
- the values and principles that underpin our approach
- the scope of this work, and
- our approach to undertaking consultation with stakeholders.
View the ACNC's Stakeholder Engagement Framework.
We value engaging with and listening to the views of stakeholders. We currently have three key forums, the Adviser Forum, the Sector Forum and the Consultation Group.
Adviser Forum and Sector Forum
The Adviser and Sector forums are convened twice a year to provide:
- representative views from the charity sector
- feedback on key policy, guidance and tools we develop for the sector
- feedback on our self-assessment under the Federal Government's Regulatory Performance Framework.
We publish the charters and minutes of each of the forums here:
The ACNC Consultation Group helps us improve our regulation of the charity sector by providing feedback on new or proposed guidance, forms or policies.
Refer to the ACNC Consultation Group page for more information on how the group works.